Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Elante Day Spa and Salon



Yesterday I finally used a gift certificate that I received last Christmas (a nice lady was kind enough to extend my expiration date :)) I had the Elante facial and the Sweedish massage. I went to their new location, located in Lexington, SC. It was once a pediatricians office (which I had been in) and boy did they do some upgrades.

As soon as you walk in you are hit with a quiet relaxing atmosphere. The lights are dim and there is soft music playing in the background. There is adequate and very comfortable seating in the waiting area. Once called back I was then taken into my room where I recieved both the facial and massage..I did not have to change rooms which was a major plus.

I was given plenty of time to change into my cover-up and get situated under the warm blankets.

First was my Elante facial. It lasted what seemed like a hour but was probably 30-45 minutes..or it may have been an hour..I wasnt keeping track :) It was very relaxing. I had numerous creams and cleansers put on my face while receiving a gentle massage of both the face and neck/shoulder area. Plus you get a touch of gloss on your lips when they are done. The only thing that I didnt like was the moisturizer which I believe they put on me at the very end. It was thick and I was not a big fan of it. My face felt heavy. However it was a very pleasant experience.

My massage came second. Now I had a very pleasant masseuse but the bed was new to her and she couldn't figure out how or if it even maneuvered to where I had the face cut out..even though it was supposed to so I had to lay on the bed flat. However she did spend an extra ten minutes on my neck when I was done with my massage to work out any kinks from lying like that for so long.

My massage consisted of light and moderate pressures all over my body. It was heavenly. I probably could have slept if I had not had to lay in an slightly awkward position. My massage lasted an hour and I had this lovely lightly citrus scented lotion put on my body while being massaged.

I would go back, but when I did I would try their other services. I think I may enjoy a deep pressure massage better. But overall I would give them an A and recommend them to my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment